22 February 2008

She is the music maker!


Bean and I go to music class once a week.
I was told it is never too early to introduce music to a child.
I am not musical.
My husband is not musical.
Maybe Bean can be musical?

She is the youngest one in her class.
While the others rock to the music and clap...
Bean eats her hand.
While the others shriek with joy and shake eggs...
Bean eats her hand.

The teacher is serious business.
She tries to teach the mommies about pitch and tone.
HA!
She has us sing rounds and make up our own beats.
HA!
We are supposed to make goofy giant faces to entertain our children and to help them visualize the music...
Bean eats her hand and ignores me.
We sing the welcome song.
Bean eats her hand.
I place Bean on the center of a gigantic drum.
Bean eats her hand.
We sing the goodbye song.
Bean eats her hand.

Last week Bean didn't eat her hand...
She slept through the entire class!

And on the ride home she cooooed and shrieked and talked up a storm.

1 comment:

KatieKate said...

Oh, what I would give to go to that class with you. We would laugh and laugh and laugh!

Bean can certainly be musical. Certainly.